Friday, July 6, 2007

Week 4, Thing 8 & 9

I already had a Bloglines account, and have used it to keep feeds of a number of librarians' blogs. In order to learn something new, I decided to try Google's Reader. I just started using Google Calendar to update my school's calendar on our website and liked it, and have also been using Google Blogger, so thought I would try another Google tool. I'm also thinking of going with an iGoogle page as my home page. I'll be a complete Google junky before I know it :). But, I'm going to keep both Bloglines and Google Reader going for a while to decide which I prefer. I am also going to try subscribing to some news feeds, since I've really only used Bloglines for library-related blogs so far. (One of my goals for the summary is to keep up with the news better. Maybe this will help.)

Since I maintain my school's website, as well as my library website, I'm thinking that I should next figure out how I could make these sites have feeds so readers could subscribe to them.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Your school is in good hands with you working the websites and learning all sorts of new 2.0 tools. Invite your colleagues to take this course this fall, so you can cheer them on!

Enjoy!
- Jackie