Friday, July 27, 2007

Week 7, Thing 16

I read most of the links about wikis and was impressed by all the different ways they are used. The St. Joseph County Public Library Subject Guides are especially impressive. I'd like to promote the idea of using them for class research projects. Last spring, one of the language arts teachers and I collaborated on a project that had students contributing to a blog. I would like to explore whether a wiki might work better. I have two big questions, though, that I guess I'm going to have to do more research on:
  • What are the different options for free wikis, and what are the advantages/disadvantages of each? I didn't find a list of options in any of the resources. (Maybe I missed something.)
  • How, if we use a wiki for student input, can we control any inappropriate entries by students?

So, I guess I have my work cut out finding the answers to these questions :) !

No comments: